Hep C Test and the 5 reasons why you should get tested?
As far as viruses go, hepatitis C is among the infectious out there.
That’s why we have 5 real good reasons why you should get tested for hepatitis C.
Once it’s in your blood, it travels to your liver, where it may settle in for a silent, long-term stay.
This can lead to cancer or cause the organ to fail if you don’t treat it.
In fact, hepatitis C is the top reason for liver transplants in the U.S.
The long term effects of hepatitis C are not worth it.
If you think you’ve been exposed, here are five reasons to get the hep C test:
- 0.1 1. You can have hepatitis C even if you feel fine.
- 0.2 2. The hep C test is quick and easy.
- 0.3 3. You can protect your family and friends.
- 0.4 4. Treatments can suppress or even wipe out the virus.
- 0.5 5. Early treatment can help you prevent liver cancer or liver failure.
- 1 Want to talk to a health advocate about hep C test?
1. You can have hepatitis C even if you feel fine.
2. The hep C test is quick and easy.
A simple blood test can tell if you’ve ever had the virus.
The results usually come back in a few days, but some clinics have rapid versions that can be read in as little as 20 minutes.
If it comes back negative, but there’s a chance you were exposed in the last 6 months, get tested again.
You can get tested for hepatitis C for only $62 at Personal Labs.
If the first results are positive, you had hepatitis C at some point.
A second test will check to see if the original case cleared up or became chronic (as it does in most people).
If it’s chronic, you’ll need to see a doctor who specializes in treating the disease.
3. You can protect your family and friends.
You can pass the hepatitis C virus to others through your blood, even if you don’t have any symptoms.
To prevent this, cover wounds carefully and avoid sharing:
- Razors, nail clippers, toothbrushes, or diabetes supplies
- Needles for injecting drugs, or steroids
- Tools for body piercings or tattoos
Hepatitis C doesn’t spread through kissing, coughing, sneezing, or sharing eating utensils.
It’s rare, but you can get it from unprotected sex.
So, its a good idea just to get the hep C test.
4. Treatments can suppress or even wipe out the virus.
For many people, they get rid of the virus completely.
They do have serious side effects and they don’t work for everyone.
New drugs recently approved by the FDA are more effective and have fewer side effects.
But some are expensive but you will always have access to affordable treat with Sunny Pharma.
5. Early treatment can help you prevent liver cancer or liver failure.
According to the CDC, out of every 100 people with hepatitis C:
- 60-70 individuals will develop chronic liver disease.
- Up to 20 individuals will get cirrhosis, a dangerous scarring of the liver.
- 1-5 individuals will die from liver cancer or liver failure.
Getting tested and treated early can stop the hepatitis C virus from triggering cirrhosis or cancer.
Your doctor will be able to keep an eye out for signs of liver trouble.
He can start treatment before you serious damage starts.
If you feel tired from hepatitis C, here are some great way to fight HCV fatigue.
Want to talk to a health advocate about hep C test?
Medical disclaimer: Do not rely on SunnyPharma.info as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. Please consult with your physician for any and all medical treatment and medical care.
Sunny Pharma USA:
Address: 6251 La Jolla Scenic Dr S, La Jolla, California, USA 92037
Sunny Pharma India
No 1, 3rd G Main, Old Nilgiris Road Rammaiah Layout, 3rd E-F Cross Rd, Ramaiah Layout, Kacharakanahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560084